Call for Papers
POWER magazine continues to explore the rapid growth of decentralized, distributed power generation, which is changing the way electricity is produced and supplied worldwide. It’s literally a generational change—today’s utilities are adapting to a new landscape, with new business models, and learning how to work with customers who today produce their own power.
Our 2020 Distributed Energy Conference, Oct. 19-21 in Chicago, Illinois, will provide new perspectives on the utility-customer relationship, along with discussion of innovative distributed energy technologies such as nuclear microreactors, the rise of energy storage, offshore wind, and growth in commercial and industrial generation. If you know of a speaker or topic that would fit this agenda please submit today.
Submission Topics for Consideration:
- Solar (and solar+storage)
- Wind (and wind+storage)
- Energy Storage
- Small Nuclear
- Demand Response
- Thermal (for backup power generation, diesel/natural gas/coal)
- Tariff / Rate Structure
- Project Development, Financing, and Investment
- Value of Resilience
- Commercial & Industrial Projects
- CHP Projects
- Utility-Scale Solar and Wind, including those paired with Storage
- Projects in the Pipeline
- Project Design and Construction
Things to keep in mind:
- The Distributed Energy Conference consists primarily of panel sessions and/or short presentations. Typically 3-4 speakers/panelists will participate in a 60 to 90 minunte session. The sessions are designed to be interactive and provoke lively discussion, with time allotted for questions and answers.
- The content is presented in focused forums to best serve the markets within the power generation community.
- Presentations should be focused on: technologies and solutions, end-user case studies, best practices, or strategic planning.
- Absolutely no sales pitches or commercial presentations will be considered.
- Please keep abstracts to a maximum of 500 words.
- The Abstract Submission Due Date has passed. If you submitted an abstract, you will receive email confirmation when your submission has been received. Thank you for your interest in participating at Distributed Energy Conference 2020!
* Required fields.